“When I started my business, I had a goal in mind but I passed that point years ago. Since then it has run on its own momentum. Maybe it’s time to reset where I want the business to go.”
“I know how to run this business but I have no idea how to galvanise my people around a common goal. I don’t have a clear path for realising my vision.”
"I have a plan for this business, I’ve never written it down though – it’s in my head. No one else seems particularly concerned and we don’t discuss it.”
Somewhere, often buried beneath the day to day and the sheer act of working, is a sense of purpose that fuelled your efforts at the outset. Focusing on activity may be important for the bottom line but it will not necessarily help you fulfil your goals.
Instead, focusing on the ‘value’ of your business can help you rekindle that purpose and build a business that delivers your vision and gets you to where you want to be. It’s an approach that involves careful planning and development of the areas that will affect confidence in future prospects.
This is not just relevant if you are considering eventual ownership change – making these deep improvements will make a business easier and more satisfying to run as well as stimulating a higher level of profitable growth. It will help you achieve a positive destination, for you and your team.
What you can do
- Assess where the real value lies in a business like yours
- Make clear development plans to maximise the value of your business
- Don’t take short cuts to short term profit at the expanse of building lasting enterprise value
- Map your personal wealth objectives alongside your business objectives
- Be as open as you can about your intentions
How we can help
- We’ll give you the tools and support to get your business plan out of your head and onto paper
- We’ll help you engage with your people to communicate your longer term plans and goals
- We’ll help you work out what exit looks like for you and develop a sensible timeframe
- We’ll support you along the journey
Are you thinking what we’re thinking? Get in touch to start the conversation today.
For outcomes to change behaviour has to change and for behaviour to change belief has to change. We’ve gathered a collection of stories, anecdotes and striking expressions to help make the big points about lasting change. Who knows, they may even change your mind. Read more